Today I made something yum!! I made tofu tacos. There’s more information on my Instagram, but here’s the recipe.
1 block of extra firm tofu
1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
1/2 large green bell pepper, diced
Kernels from 1 ear of cooked corn
1 15-ounce can low-sodium black beans
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons cilantro
Pepper to taste
- Drain the tofu by wrapping the block in a paper towel and putting some weight on top (such as a coffee cup filled with water) for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the tofu block in small 1/2- to 1-inch squares. Season with pepper as desired.
- In a grill pan or iron clad pan, cook the tofu squares on medium-high heat. Stir and flip to allow browning on all sides. Once done, set aside.
- In a pan, mix the black beans, corn, taco seasoning, garlic powder and cumin. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, mixing to combine ingredients well.
- Add the green and red bell pepper and cook for another 3 minutes or as desired for texture.
- Add the cooked tofu to the mix and cook for another minute or two. Remove from heat. Add the cilantro and lime juice.
Super yum & super easy! I’ll add a picture below.
I’ve been worried lately about not getting everything done, but I’ve been thinking about how I need to make what is already in my hands a priority. For example, I already have to responsibility of working on online classes and spending time with my family. If 99% of my brain is on “the next step” that’s not healthy!!! Maybe 45% is the max amount. For the next week, I’m committing to thinking about the present for at least 55% of my brain space.
3 Happy Things: (what I’m loving rn)
- black coffee! (I say this every day, but I really really am thankful for it)
- dairy-free caramel coffee fudge ice cream!