I think no matter what season I’m in, reflecting on what God has done for me is always healthy. It helps me when I’m feeling down to be hopeful for what he is doing and what he will continue to do.
So today, I’m going to write a list of the things that God has done recently so I can give thanks.
- He’s adopted me. I was an orphan before, struggling with sin and identity. When he became my father, my identity became HIS DAUGHTER and so many things about my life have changed because I now have a relationship with him.
- He’s directed me. There’s a verse in Isaiah that I’ve been clinging to, and that I was really holding onto when I was unsure of what to do in the fall. It says, “Whether you turn to the left or to the right, you will hear a voice beside you saying, “This is the way, walk in it.”
- He’s given me purpose. I never knew what I was good at or what God made me to do. I thought I was just “here”. I thought my purpose was just to glorify God. I didn’t know that he gave me a specific way to do that.
- He’s provided for me. Even though I’m in a season right now where I’m learning to trust him with a lot of things, he’s already started to show me his provision that comes when I stop trying to make things happen and trust he is (and has been!!!) fighting for me.
- He’s prepared me! Everything happens for a reason.. I can’t stress this enough!! There are so many times when answers come into my head and then the question is asked later that night. Or when God works on my heart and gets me ready for a task and I haven’t understood why, but when I use the skill that I developed, it all makes sense.
God is so good! He is such a good father to me.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.”
3 Happy Things: (what I’m loving rn)
- coconut water
- my family!!!
- Joe T. Garcia’s